Fredric Newman, MD, FACS, FICS
Dr. Newman is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and has been practicing for over 30 years.
A graduate of Yale University, Dr. Newman was one of ten exceptional students in a class of 1,000 to earn the coveted status of Scholar of the House.
Before graduating and later opening his private practice in Connecticut, plastic surgeon Fredric Newman worked multiple jobs in order to pay his own way through medical school–but his grades certainly didn’t suffer. He was one of only four students in his class of 214 to graduate Summa Cum Laude.
Dr. Newman trained in general surgery at Harvard University and received training in plastic surgery at the New York University Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery under renowned reconstructive and plastic surgeon John Marquis Converse. He completed a fellowship in facial and breast cosmetic surgery under the late Dr. Ralph Millard, who was regarded as one of the greatest plastic surgeons in the world.
Dr. Newman has held teaching appointments at major medical centers, including Harvard, S.U.N.Y. Downstate, NYU, the University of Miami, New York Medical College, and Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center. Dr. Newman received his liposuction training from Yves-Gerard Illouz, the so-called ‘father’ of modern liposuction.
He is an accomplished author, having written numerous chapters in widely-used plastic surgery textbooks. Dr. Newman has been featured in many national newspapers, national magazines, and television programs.
With a location in Connecticut right outside of New York, cosmetic surgeon Fredric Newman extends his services to everyone, from the rich and famous to the impoverished. He has also served as the official plastic surgeon of the New York Rangers.
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
- Fellow International College of Surgeons
- Diplomat National Board of Medical Examiners, American Board of Surgery, American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Editorial Board Member of The Journal of Aesthetic Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery
Awards & Recognitions
- Top Plastic Surgeons in America” as featured in Castle Connolly’s guide to America’s Top Doctors®.
- Top Doctors® designation is based on peer nomination, and is awarded following an extensive review of credentials, training, hospital appointments, professional achievements, and more as conducted by the Castle Connolly physician-led research team.