Leo Otake, MD, PhD, FACS
Dr. Otake is active in sharing his expertise with organizations dedicated to the application and delivery of plastic surgery care to patients around the world. In collaboration with Operation Smile, he is undertaking one of the largest studies to date in search of genes responsible for cleft lip and palate.
He has authored articles on telemedicine technologies to facilitate delivery of expert care to distant global sites, collaborating with surgeons in Colombia, Brazil, Peru, Ecuador, Argentina, Nepal and Zambia. Dr. Otake has joined teams of surgeons to deliver surgical services to the Amazon region of Brazil, Honduras and Jordan.
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
Awards & Recognitions
- Phi Beta Kappa, University of Pennsylvania
- Regan Fellow, Operation Smile, Norfolk, VA
- Burn Resident of the Year, Dept. of Surgery, Yale School of Medicine Corso Research Prize, Plastic Surgery, Yale School of Medicine